Monday, August 10, 2009

Courage!!!

A new website started today especially for women! It's beautiful and i am so happy someone started something like this. They put out a challenge for us to write about what courage means to us so I will. Please check them out for yourselves it's called http://www.incourage.me/


Courage first came to me when I was 6 yrs old and I flew into a little Indian village with many brown faces staring at me and everyone was speaking in a different language I had never heard before. I was expected to come out and speak to be people and be polite to them. Courage then came to me and said "You can do it I am here with you.."

It came to me again when I was eleven and I was flown to a boarding school and had my first day of school and didn't know anyone. I wanted to crawl under the covers and hide in my dorm room but instead courage came again and said "You can do it I am here with you..."

Then again after I married the man of my dreams and was getting ready to have our first child. I was 20 and scared out of my mind that I had to raise this person for God! Me i can't do that! Courage came again and said "You can do it I am here with you..."

Then again when my parents helped us move to Bible college when I was 21 and left us and didn't know anyone. Had no money, no way of getting any courage came again and said "YOu can do it I am here with you..."

Then again when we were leaving Bible college and the future was unknown to us. Courage said "You can do it I am here with you..."

Courage to me is this still small voice that speaks to me and gets me through. In those moments when I am scared out of my mind and simply want to hide courage comes to me and eases my heart and soul and says "You can do it I am here with you..."

2 comments:

Holley - (in)courage said...

Wow, I love that courage began in your life all the way back as a little girl. Just keep on being brave and beautiful, girl, God has good things in store for you!

Stephanie said...

Yay, Erin, you're posting again! I loved this entry. I can attest to the courage God has given you!